Mario Sánchez is graduated as a public accountant from Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Monterrey Campus. He studied a foreign language degree at Seattle University in the city of Seattle, Washington.
His entrepreneurial activities have diversified into different strategic sectors focusing on trade, tourism, energy sectors and in the construction industry. Among the positions in business organizations he has held, the followings are highlighted:
- President of the Mexican "business coordinating council" (CCE), for the period of May 2010 to February 2012.
- CONCANACO SERVYTUR (Treasurer, Vice-President and President for the period of 1994-2010) in the city of Obregón, Sonora, Mexico.
- President of the Mexican chamber of commerce in the city of Obregón, Sonora for the period of 1992 to 1994.
- Treasurer of the Mexican Agriculturist Association from "Valle Yaqui" from 1990 to 1992.
Within the direct participation in the public domain, has presided over as:
- Federal deputy during the LXII Legislature being the president of the commission of Economy in the Mexican congress and an integrant of the Mexicans Radio and Television commission
- Comisiones de Radio y Televisión and of competitiveness
In addition within his vast experience, it might as well be included the direct participation in the board of directors of public and private organizations such as:
- "Consejo de Promoción Turística de México"
- Security Council of SEGOB
- Broad of Directors of Nacional Financiera
- Broad of Directors of BANCOMEXT
- President of the FUNDEMEX Council
- Broad of Directors of INFONAVIT
- Broad of Directors of "Promoción Turística de México" (PROMEXICO)
- Broad of Directors of FONATUR